Re: Carburetor

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carburetor
From: "Owen Evans" <tybach@adan.kingston.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:11:05 -0500
Greg, very embarrased about my last diatribe on the subject for using 451
instead of 351 in the calculations. The approach was right but I can't find
my Holley book so I did everything from memory. I also tested the formula on
other engines of known capacity and Holley  recommendations and they all
work out fine, so I really don't understand at the moment why the 351
numbers don't work out, gotta find that Holley book. However my Ford
Performance book by Pat Ganahl says "your basic 351W hop up consists of
carb(650 - 700 cfm) and manifold change, a set of headers, and a modern
performance ignition system" . I personally add the need to balance to
6000rpm for which you need a matching cam.  Most NA. V8 engines of '75
vintage have cams maxing out under 5000rpm.
Sorry 'bout that, my ego is shot.
Owen Evans.