Re: mini's and MG 1100's?

To: harvard!alliant.com!british-cars@ursa-major.SPDCC.COM
Subject: Re: mini's and MG 1100's?
From: mit-eddie!vax.ftp.com!mason@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Nark Mason)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 90 12:44:26 EST
Well, last night I agreed to buy the Mini and the MG1100 for $400 providing
I don't barf when I see the MG, which I haven't yet. I don't know why I
would buy these, I have a TR250, triumph trident and a '47 GMC coach
already in the restoration queue. I wonder if the NIMH has ever done a
study on what chemical imbalance would make people buy these things, maybe
we should get a bunch of us together, shove 'em in a parking lot with a
lot of dolomited, minis and other ugly british cars (in various states
of disrepair) with "For Sale: $100" stickers on them, and take brain
tissue samples to see what's churning around in there.
He says the mini has been partially race prepped, it's got racing seats,
no interior, a widened track and flared fenders and a tiny (I mean *tiny*)
steering wheel, I have no clue what the engine's like.
The guy who's selling these dropped by last night, came upon me in the
garage and said "hey, I was by the junkyard last night, they were crushing
a 'B, I got the wire wheels off first, they want $15 each for them so I
thought of you. Hey, I see you already got a pair, looks good... what'd you
pay for them?"... (mumble mumble a lot more than $15 each so shut up)