Trip to England

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Trip to England
From: "Ralph E. Droms" <mit-eddie!CORNELLC.cit.cornell.edu!droms%sol.bucknell.edu@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 90 08:53:41 EST
Looks like I'm going to spend a few days in England at the end of the
month.  Our itinerary calls for us to land at Gatwick, rent a car,
drive to Henley-on-Thames and then Reading.  This will be my first
experience with driving in England, so can any of you give me quick
tips or impressions on how to adapt to RHS driving and recommendations
about rental cars (e.g., how do I avoid getting the British equivalent
of a Pinto)?  Any other words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

- Ralph