Re: am I nuts? (VTR in Boulder)

To: british-cars%alliant.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: Re: am I nuts? (VTR in Boulder)
From: mit-eddie!RELAY.CS.NET!chrisp%mrloog.wr.tek.com@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 21 Mar 90 08:30:27 PST (Wed)
>> Is anyone else planning such a trek this year? It *seems* like an
>> (almost) reasonable thing to do, but
>>

>Whatever you do, don't not do it.  My old car trips back and forth
>across the divide are the source of most of my best stories.  Stay off
>the Interstates when you can, the scenery is incredible.

Having ridden motorcycles, and driven older cars about a little (not
much, but a little) I would recommend not giving it a second thought.
Go, leave, and point your car towards the open road.  If you're part
of AAA, get all the maps you can of the areas you'll be travelling through
(and even that will not be enough, but will get you started :-).
Adventure awaits!

I've been following the writtings of Peter Egan (of Cycle World, initially,
and now of Road and Track, too), and have followed a cycle rag writter
friend around the country.  It has all been great fun.  Peter, and
my friend Jim have both pointed out repeatedly that you'll run into
the nicest people, have the "best" time, and discover much about yourself
and the world around you by just "going"...

 Christopher M. Perez           # chrisp@mrloog.WR.TEK.COM
 "I sat at the wheel like a cave man who'd just discovered a vending
  machine in the forest.  Too many choices, a dim brain and no spare
  change."       _Model A Oddyssey_ by Peter Egan (3/'88 R&T)