am I nuts? (VTR in Boulder)

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: am I nuts? (VTR in Boulder)
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 90 18:18:45 PST
Our own Bill Sohl recently posted in rec.autos.driving, about the One
Lap of America 'rally':

        Especially in a section were a sign had noted that there was NO
services
        for the next 108 miles.

This made me stop and take pause. Why? Because I'm seriously planning
to drive Sarah from Palo Alto to Boulder for the VTR convention (and to
the Grand Tetons thereafter) in August. I have a long list of things
that I plan to do to increase her reliability and my faith, but still I
have to wonder ... am I nuts?

Is anyone else planning such a trek this year? It *seems* like an
(almost) reasonable thing to do, but