Re: rustproofing

To: mit-eddie!ftp.com!mason@encore.encore.com (Nark Mason)
Subject: Re: rustproofing
From: linus!mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!sfisher@encore.encore.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 91 17:08:48 PST
>    Considering how well it was sticking after 22 years I assume the stuff
>wasn't original, is this the sort of stuff that rustproofing shops put on?
>Has anyone found some brand that works better than most?

The coat of Castrol 20W-50 under my '71 B works just fine,
and it's constantly replenished.  I'm grateful again for
the fine engineering of BMC to install an automatic
chassis rustproofing system in the main bearing seal
of the B series engine.

--Scott "And the vent hole at the bottom of the bellhousing" Fisher