rustproofing

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: rustproofing
From: linus!mit-eddie!ftp.com!mason@encore.encore.com (Nark Mason)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 91 18:02:41 -0500
    Someone brought the subject up a while ago, I don't recall what the outcome
was though. My TR250 came with something like spray tar all over the
underside, the stuff was impossible to get off and gave really good rust
proofing. I've tried to find something similiarly effective on the shelves of
my local auto parts stores, none of the cans of spray rubber-tar-rustproofing-
sound-deadening goo have stuck quite as well as what was under there.
    Considering how well it was sticking after 22 years I assume the stuff
wasn't original, is this the sort of stuff that rustproofing shops put on?
Has anyone found some brand that works better than most?