Re: Observation... jack stands

To: british-cars@hoosier, jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: Observation... jack stands
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 92 10:33:28 -0700
Jim, I have heard too many stories about cars falling of jack stands.
Normal reasons are:

1. Cheap jack stand + truck or fullsize Amearican land ship + tugging

2. jackstands planted directly on asphault gravel or dirt.
Jackstand sinks a corner & becomes unstable.

3. One or two jackstands slightly cocked + tugging

4. Car sitting on jackstands on incline + tugging

Quality jackstands are only as good as how they are set up.  i think the
lables are to protect manufactures for sue crazy Americans who do not
know hot to set them up correctly.

Properly set up, they are very stable.  My TR3 stayed up on 4 stands through
the Oct 17th 7.1 quake & I live about 2 mi from the epicenter.

TeriAnn