Re: how to install the chrome thingy

To: zahid@serval.sps.mot.com (Zahid Ahsanullah H3-259)
Subject: Re: how to install the chrome thingy
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 15:28:11 -0400
++> Guys, I'm having a hard time installing the plastic-chrome
++> thingy that goes around the windshield rubber of a
++> Spit 1500. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried sliding the

        Pain, trauma, sorrow, unhappiness...  all words which come to mind
when I think about putting that chrome trim on.  I'm sure there is an easy
way (they did it at the factory after all), but I don't know it.  I found
it much easier to take the glass out, put the chrome finisher on the gasket,
and then reinstall the whole thing.  The Haynes manual describes some tool
you can make to help do this job.
        I would consider taking it to a glass shop and having them do it.
Perhaps you can learn the secret installation method and tell us all...

--
William Woodruff        woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu