Re: How to Install the chrome thingy

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How to Install the chrome thingy
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: 20 Jun 1994 14:05:27 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

When I did this job on my TR6 a couple of years ago, I had no problem. I marked
the location of the ends on the rubber gasket (I used chalk). I pulled out the
old and tossed it in the bin. BTW the old piece became about 10 pieces as I
pulled it out, they get pretty brittle after 15 years or so. I then started
the installation process by aligning one end with one of the marks on the
rubber. Then, using a reasonably heavy rubber mallet, I pounded the trim in
a few inches at a time. Took about 20 min. to get it all in.

Advice: put the trim strip "clip" thing on the end that you have started with
as soon as you get the trim to seat. Otherwise, you will forget about it, and
you will have to pull one end out to fit the trim strip. Also, don't cut the
trim too short. Remember, it will shrink! In fact mine has shrunk by about
1.25" or 35mm since I installed it 4 years ago.

regards,
rml

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |