Sunbeam GT

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sunbeam GT
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdbc.vid.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 94 10:58:38 PDT
The only Sunbeam Alpine GT that I remember is the
Sunbeam LeManns Herington. These were fairly pretty
and fairly rare. If you the one you are looking
has a fair body and if the price is reasonable it
might be a nice project.

I seem to remember the motor as a simple 1700cc
ohv 4cylinder. My one experiance with them was
doing a valve job 20 or 25 years ago. I Think it
had an aluminum head which may be pretty hard to
get off if, as you say, the car has sat for many
years and it may have electrolisis problems.

If the 4 cylinder was to far gone to rebuild you
might consider a Mustang engine. This is a very
similar car to the Alpine/Tiger. If you did a
clean, fairly authentic, job of the engine swap
it might be a very nice car indeed.

/Dick N