Re: M100 Validation

To: "Chapman Era List" <chapman-era@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: M100 Validation
From: Gene_Carter@avid.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 19:46:04 -0400

Tony,

I'm not on the Lotus-cars list so I don't know what Mr. Brightman said there.  I
joined this thread when it first hit the Chapman era list.  Knowing those things
as well as knowing that I own and race a Seven, then my car preference is clear.
As I said in several messages though, I appreciate the Lotus engineering in the
M100.  I found the car enjoyable to drive.  Others like Richard Clifton seem to
agree.  That does not mean we're taking shots at the Chapman Era group.
Unfortunately, you and Rod come across on email as being overly-critical of
enthusiasts who appreciate many of the same things as you.  That may or may not
be you intention.  As we all know, email (despite emoticons) has many
limitations.  If however, the disagreement is as strong as it seems, let's agree
to disagree and move on to other subjects.  Lotus enthusiasts are a relatively
small group and life is too short.

Gene

>>From Tony:
>>but I didn't think you'd "sign on" to an "M100 shot" at the Chapman group or
"pile on" when I defended.