Re: Vintage Formula Fords

To: "Chapman Era List" <chapman-era@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vintage Formula Fords
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 22:17:05 -0500
> Rod, Mike and Tony,
>
> Thanks for the thoughts on the formula fords.  Let's see, thumbs down on
the
> 61's styling, thumbs up on the 51's (with Hewland box), but the 61 would
> probably be faster.

I donno . . I'd venture some downforce but more drag

> Decisions, decisions - but absolutely, Lotus or Lotus are
> the only choices.  I've subscribed to the FF list and will continue my
research.

> And Tony, am I again missing the point or do you indeed have a 51 for
sale?

I do!   Serious!    Did I mention that you're good looking and have great
taste? :-)

> If so, would you let two scoundrels come by for a visit?

Especially scoundrels!  Pete Blackford and Steve were here week before last!
I'll scan you a photo of Pete trying to get out of the 51  :->.

More seriously, I would be very pleased to share my 51 files with you:  the
complete works of the Vern Jaques "Lotus Formula Ford Register", many
photos and even a "draft copy" of the Lotus 51 operators manual and parts
book;
a work in progress by a fine engineer.   Anytime is good with me 'til the
26th.

> You and Steve could let me know your beverages of choice and I'll buy.

Be careful  . . Steve generously brings Green King Abbot . . . $12  a
six-pack!

Tony