Re: Vintage Formula Fords

To: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Subject: Re: Vintage Formula Fords
From: Gene_Carter@avid.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:59:48 -0400

>>I do!   Serious!    Did I mention that you're good looking and have great
taste? :-)

I have this image of Tony in a plaid jacket standing next to a Used Cars sign
out front of his shop.

>>More seriously, I would be very pleased to share my 51 files with you:  the
complete works of the Vern Jaques "Lotus Formula Ford Register", many photos and
even a "draft copy" of the Lotus 51 operators manual and parts book; a work in
progress by a fine engineer.

Fantastic stuff.  I'll look forward to seeing those!

>>Be careful  . . Steve generously brings Green King Abbot . . . $12  a
six-pack!

No problem but I'll have to find out from Steve where to buy them.  And so Green
King is safe as long as you stay away from drinking and riding bicycles?  But
Tim Kilroy has a 10-speed with the name Lotus on it.  Would that bicycle be even
more dangerous in combination with the beer?

>>Anytime is good with me 'til the 26th.

I'll contact you directly about schedule but I'm out of town through Thursday.
Then Friday, a number of Super 7's will be taking on racers from the Shelby
Cobra Association of Texas at Motorsport Ranch.  An all day track session, stop
by if you can.  It should be interesting!

Gene