Re: OT-Metal Cutting

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: OT-Metal Cutting
From: "Nathan Ruffcorn" <nruff@famvid.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:52:27 -0600
Stainless bumpers-that sounds fun!  Post pics of your progress.  If you take
your time, most bandsaws will do this type of work handly.  Be careful when
cutting the stainless-if it gets too hot, it can get really hard to
cut/drill.  I personally like the chop saw for cutting tubing and small bar
stock.  It produces fast, straight, easy to weld cuts, but isn't appropriate
for plate.

BTW, are you planning on bending stainless tubing?

Nathan