Re: OT-Metal Cutting

To: <Davesmbox@aol.com>, <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: OT-Metal Cutting
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:31:41 -0600
Davesmbox@aol.com wrote

>A band saw is PERFECT for the tube stock but won't cut the flat stock.
>That's
>a very expensive tool. Try a sawzall. The best is Bosch but its heavy.
>Portacable and Millwalki make VERY good ones. The Makita (most of their
>tools
>are very good) is junk. The band saw is a very limited tool. For what it
>does
>best its perfect but if you don't use it every day its not worth the money.
>BTW the best bandsaw is Millwalki.
>I use a JIGSAW on flat stock. A good one with an orbital stroke will cut
>metal like butter. Bosch even makes an oiler to wet lube the cut. Bosch
>makes
>the best jigsaw. ($180 but worth every dime)
>DAVE
Are you talking about a portable band saw or a floor model?  From the
brands mentioned, they sound like portables.

-marc t.

Marc Tyler
TDROC
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
1965 L-320 #L320 013642 (the misspent ute)
1965 L-20   (Still in CA)
http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/Datsun_homepage.html
Sisterdale TX