Re: Exciting News!

To: dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu, datsunmike@nyc.rr.com
Subject: Re: Exciting News!
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 16:18:41 -0700
All,

Here we go with the "Solex Vs. SU" debate again...

I talked to Victor Laury about this at Solvang. Vic has long been a
proponent of the SU. I have driven his SU car and I can tell you that if
they are adjusted properly they are every bit as responsive as Solexes and
Vic swears they pull to redline.

The solexes have more power in the higher band. They really don't come alive
until they are above 3000 rpm. I also don't buy the "they are not good for
street driving" either. After Vic put on solexes I took his car out for a
spin and yes, I loved the power. I was also able to manuever in the lower
rpms just fine. I don't think that solexes are bad for city driving. I own
an SU car and a solex car. Both are awesome.

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500
1967 2000 Solex
SoCalROC