Re: Weird electrical short burned throttle cable

To: RWM@rwmann.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weird electrical short burned throttle cable
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 12:20:55 -0400
Bob,

Where this usually originates is that the original cable fails.  This can be
from a poor contact (rust does not conduct well), an actual mechanical
failure of the cable, or a wire just coming loose.  I had an old mustang
that ran fine for years and then one day the insulation on the ground strap
melted.  There was internal corrosion, so the conductivity was compromised,
and it melted down.

Sid