Re: Weird electrical short burned throttle cable

To: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>,
Subject: Re: Weird electrical short burned throttle cable
From: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 12:33:30 -0400
At 11:52 AM 5/3/01 -0400, RWM wrote:
>I'm all in favor of good grounds, but if there isn't a hot wire touching
>the throttle/choke cables, where does the problem originate?

I have the same question.  Everyone has essentially said the same
thing--bad grounds.(and thanks for the 2 dozen responses--I just love this
list!)  I suspected this might be the case but couldn't figure out how it
could work exactly, which is why I didn't bring it up.

The battery has what looks like a solid ground to the frame, but obviously
I'll be checking that.  Is it that there is a poor ground from the body to
the frame? Or bad ground from the engine to the frame?  Please, someone
give us the electron flow path here so I'll know better what exactly is
going on.

Much appreciated for all the responses!
Alex