Re: Wall Street Journal Article on Extreme Restoration

To: "R Haug" <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Subject: Re: Wall Street Journal Article on Extreme Restoration
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 20:28:43 -0400
back in college days I looked at a 300SL (roadster) that needed serious
restoration and could be had for three hundred dollars. not really
understanding at the time what an opportunity that was, I took a pass.
probably bought another Z car instead. a friend in Virginia sold his
Gullwing back in the '70s for $25k. he knew he'd underpriced it when the
purchaser flew up from Texas in a private jet. the car was a decent driver,
too.

Craig