Re: Jaremko at the vintage races

To: bitterrootprop@nidlink.com
Subject: Re: Jaremko at the vintage races
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 05:48:19 -0000
Hi Michael,
Why have they been allowed to up him to the over 2 litre class?
Is his car standard or not?
And what are they making him take off?
Are his modifications (if any) similar to modifications allowed on other
cars?  Yes, a 2000 is quick (especially in full Solex setup) but a well
sorted Porsche 911 of a similar age, properly sorted, should still be at
least as quick.  But then, they're in the over 2 litre section then,
anyway...

Seems to me he should tell them to look at ways of making themselves faster,
not the other way around.  Isn't that what racing's supposed to be about,
anyway?

Sorry, this is a sore point for me - our national touring car championships
were ruined (IMHO) because of just this sort of attitude.  When the local
Holden and Ford V8's couldn't keep up with turbo Ford Sierras and later,
Nissan GTR's, they simply kept changing the rules to drive the cars out of
the competition.  THEN, they changed the competition altogether into a V8 vs
V8 two brand competition - with so many mods that the engines are far
removed from the showroom floor versions.  Makes for little interest (for me
- the championship is doing well, financially).

Some suggestions to the guys who can't win in Porsches - get faster!
Or get hold of a Ford Escort BDA - 200hp is in your grasp!

Cheers,

Steve
(now that's off his chest...)