RE: Jaremko at the vintage races

To: "'sidney raper'" <spl310@hotmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Jaremko at the vintage races
From: "Seal, Marc" <MSeal@datatec.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:48:17 -0400
Amen brotha Sid!

-----Original Message-----
From: sidney raper [mailto:spl310@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 11:07 AM
To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

WARNING - An opinion to follow!  Yours may not agree!!

>From my experience, there is a correlation between the purchase price of the

vehicle and the level of hands on knowledge of the car that the owner has.
This usually spills over into, or is a byproduct of the owner's enthusiasm
for the make.  Most roadster owners love the cars because they are simple,
fun and relatively inexpensive.  The same holds true for (don't flame me for

this) MG owners, Fiat owners, Triumph owners and the like.  Owners of
Porsches (excluding the 914) and more expensive sports cars typically would
not know a cam follower from the follower of a religious cult - and they
don't care because they just write a check and go.  Corvette owners run a
little differently because there are vette owners that want a sports car,
but want american made or a V8, but they are hands on people.  They have
their share of snobs though.

Now, before I get bashed, there are always exceptions to this statement - it

is a generalization.  Does this mean that there are no Roadster snobs?  Not
at all, but they are MUCH fewer and farther between.  Most roadster owners
are very gregarious and helpful and that is one of the reasons that I love
this list (plus the insanity that owning a roadster causes is another.)  Who

knows.  I may actually get mine on the road one day.

Ok, I am off the box now.

Sid