RE: The "Evil L" and it's removal...

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: The "Evil L" and it's removal...
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:13:13 -0700
I can't think of any way to cut it off that won't introduce a lot of metal
shavings into the engine. Why not just shim the tensioner and take the slack out
of the chain? If the timing chains are new and the head hasn't been cut a ton,
it should be easy.

Your timing will not be affected by that chain. The timing is controlled by the
lower chain (from the crank to the jackshaft).

To Chris: Yes, the "Evil L" is that upper bracket. And here's how bad they can
get:
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/images/Evil_L_3.JPG
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/images/Evil_L_4.JPG
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/images/Evil_L_2_closeup.JPG