Re: Alternnator Part II

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Alternnator Part II
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 20:39:10 -0700
     So do one of our vendors have the early 2 liter passenger side
bracket?  Can the one I currently have on the driver's side be modified to
fit the pax side?  How about the upper slide adjustment bracket?  I'd
really like to move this sucker to the other side, but I also want to be
able to drive it in the nice weather.  I finally found a belt today that I
managed to muscle in with a little creativity.  The only way it's likely
coming off is if it breaks or I cut it off.  I was wrong about my 3/4 of
tightening adjustment, it's more like a 1/2 inch.  The belt almost has to
be a perfect diameter (35" in this case) in order to both fit over the
sprockets and then be small enough to tension up.  I disconnected the wire
harness at the voltage regulator, and have just left everything hanging.
I'm still confused about the fuseable link issue.  Why does putting a 30
amp fuse on your new 66 amp alt not defeat the purpose of going to the
beefier alt in the first place

                    "datsunmike"

                    <datsunmike@n        To:     <jon_wissler@pngc.com>,
<datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
                    yc.rr.com>           cc:

                    05/20/01

                    06:40 AM

Yes, all early cars including the 67.5 2Ls had the alt mounted on the
passenger side as did all Canadian cars because they didn't need emissions
equipment.

I do believe, if my memory is correct, that several people I knew used the
air pump bracket to mount a Chrysler alt. as it's mounting ear was much
thicker and brought it in line with the other pulleys.

Mike