Re: Found A 67.5 Solex

To: Grant Bush <gbush@connect.ab.ca>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Found A 67.5 Solex
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:45:10 -0700 (PDT)
The SUs and Solex carbs look VERY different.  There's a pretty good
picture of the Solex setup at
http://www.datsunroadster.com/PIC_PAGES/NEW_PARTS_PIC_PAGES/999-C5.htm

If it looks like SUs, it is.  The only obvious difference to
untechnical people like me between the 1600 and 2000 SUs are that the
2000 SUs are mirror images of each other (float bowls are on opposite
sides) while the 1600 SUs are identical to each other (well except the
vacuum fitting).

Make sure it's a real SRL311, not an SPL311 with a U20 (or L20 or
whatever).  If it's real it might be quite a find.  The VIN will be
under SRL311-01001.  Make sure the VIN is correct on the frame, not
just the tag on the body.

There are some pieces a 67.5 2000 should have, such as the trim around
the rear license plate and of course the 5-speed shifter plate inside.
I believe they should also have satin finish headlight scoops, not pure
chrome.

--- Grant Bush <gbush@connect.ab.ca> wrote:
> Need a little help here. There's a 67.5 200 listed in the local but
> and sell
> here, that the present owner doesn't seem to know too much about and
> I've just
> ignored most of the emails about solex cars. He's seems to think that
> it has
> solex carbs, but he's not sure, are they very distiguishable from the
> SU's? I
> have a 68 1600 but up here I've rarely even seen a 2000 let alone a
> 67.5
> solex. How do I tell if it is one?
>
> Now what's it worth? The guys asking $5800 obo (that's Canadian so
> about $3500
> US). He says there's just a small amount of rust on  the rear
> quarter.
>
> I'm going to go look at it tonight, getting pretty excited, actually
> may have
> found a decent 2000 that I can afford.
>
> Looking forward to any feedback
>
> Thanks