Speedo repair discovery

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedo repair discovery
From: "Gerardo Magana" <gmagana@softcom.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 09:37:20 -0800
First off, Thanks to Fred for that album on speedo repair's, I was able to
find a donor lens for the cracked lens on my 160 mph speedo. Which means that
I now have two 160 mph speedo's. I had replaced mine due to a lack of not
finding a donor gauge.  I noticed that the NOS speedos have a black center
circle on the dial for the 67.5 2000  and the original ones have a silver or
light gray center.  On taking my speedo apart I also found that the outer rim
of the speedo is marked in kilometer's, something you dont see on the other
speedo's ( my donor speedo is a 66 or 67 1600). The lettering is really small
but it's there. Sorry for my enthusiasm, just something I wanted to share.
Gerardo Magana
67.5 2000 Solex
64 1500