Re: Speedo repair discovery

To: JRDMF@aol.com, gmagana@softcom.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedo repair discovery
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 17:35:06 EST
In a message dated 3/17/02 2:53:45 PM EST, JRDMF@aol.com writes:

<< The "black dot" Vs the "silver dot" that Kanto Seiki put on the Tach and
the
 Speedo for the 67.5 2000 and the 67.5 1600 happened at about the middle of
 the production runs on both cars. I believe it was another late addition to
 the DOT mandate regarding removal of all shiny surfaces in the cabin. The
 latest 2 liter car that I have seen so far without the black dot is Andrew
 Murphy's car #00489....but at least we can say with confidence that if you
have a high serial  number car you should have the black dot and of course
cars that are below #00489 should be silver. >>

What....?  You mean that there is actually another super rare 67.5 2000 part?
 Oh my...!  This may actually be the rarest part yet.  Appx 400 of these
silver dotted speedos were made out of the appx 800 roadsters.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
SRL311-000248 Solex w/ Silver Dotted Speedo.  ;>P