Re: Speedo repair discovery

To: JRDMF@aol.com, gmagana@softcom.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedo repair discovery
From: Peter Bucknor <pbucknor@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:54:24 -0700
Great bit of info and to aid in your quest I have a 67.5 solex 2000 serial #
00558, that has silver dots on both the speedo and the tach. Havn't checked
the manufacture date, later.  Also someone else pointed out the tiny
graduations in kilometers, you are right, very tiny and hard to see.

You guys ,ahem, people are great as you always provide good info no matter
how simple it may seem.

Cheers every one

Peter
67.5 2000, NRRCC

> The "black dot" Vs the "silver dot" that Kanto Seiki put on the Tach and
the
> Speedo for the 67.5 2000 and the 67.5 1600 happened at about the middle of
> the production runs on both cars. I believe it was another late addition
> the DOT mandate regarding removal of all shiny surfaces in the cabin. The
> latest 2 liter car that I have seen so far without the black dot is Andrew
> Murphy's car #00489...
>
> ... I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who
> has a 2 liter car in the serial number range of #00490 through 00550 to
see
> just when they committed to the change.

OKAY, SO I AM EIGHT CARS OUT, MAYBE THEY HAD A GOOD WEEK !