Re: Trim pieces part 2

To: orangedawg@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trim pieces part 2
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:20:33 -0800
They are aftermarket.

The trim pieces that came on the roadster were stainless, no rubber. I have
seen some of the trim pieces like you describe on some cars. That kind of
trim was used by paint shops because that kind of trim is plentiful and easy
to get.

The correct trim for your car is the convex or "outie" trim that tapers to a
point before your front wheel arch. It is a plain piece of metal that is
REALLY hard to find and not cheap. Ours vendors do have this trim but be
prepared to open your wallet.

The earlier cars 63-67 used concave trim or the "innie" trim that was
beveled inwards.

Good Luck!

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC