Re: Trim pieces part 2

To: 9laser3@bright.net, orangedawg@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Trim pieces part 2
From: Davesmbox@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:13:47 EST
In a message dated 3/26/02 3:43:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
9laser3@bright.net writes:

> Allen,
>
>   Glad to hear you asking for a second opinion (I wrote to you earlier and
> said they were after-market).  As I'm sure my wife will agree, I've been
> wrong before!
>   Your PO may have done you a favor.  Refinished side trim runs around $700
> and then you have to find the mounting hardware.  If the PO did the whole
> job and welded the mounting holes shut, he may have done you a really big
> favor.  The new way is to use vinyl stripes over the paint but under the
> clear coat.  Same goes for the logos on the hood and sides.  There are a
> couple of owners on the list that have gone that way.  I wish I had know
> about it when I repainted mine.
>
> Paul
> OROC

Hi,
I think your a bit off on a couple of things.
There are after market trim mounting pieces that work fine for about $.50
each available at auto trim shops. Also I have seen refurbished trim for much
less from our vendors.
  One thing I am currious about is has anyone had the stainless steel trim
chromed????? How does it look???
 Thanks DAVE