Re: Trim pieces part 2

To: Allen Blackmon <orangedawg@hotmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trim pieces part 2
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:00:02 -0800 (PST)
Someone put on aftermarket body molding, which isn't original, but
isn't necessarily a bad thing.  The original late molding was prone to
ding very easily and is expensive to replace or repair.  This was
probably an affordable alternative for the owner.  Not the worst thing
someone could do.  Hopefully they didn't drill any holes to attach it
and you can put the original trim back on easily.

Whatever you do, keep trim on the car!  I just don't like the look of
the trim-less cars, esp. if they fill in the rear fenders with bondo...

Adam
'70 1600 w/PO aftermarket side molding

--- Allen Blackmon <orangedawg@hotmail.com> wrote:
> To All,
>
> Thanks so much for your help in assistance getting my trim pieces
> off.
> After the perfect help from the listers the pieces came off IN ONE
> PIECE!
> Can you believe it?
>
> However, something else doesn't seem right with my car.  I have a 70
> 2000.
> Did all years and models (meaning mine) come with chrome only side
> trim
> guards (those long pieces of chrome that run down the side of the
> car)?
> Mine are chrome and black plastic/rubber.  One lister noted this and
> said
> they are after market.  Did some dolt (aka PO) put on these
> monstrosities?
> I always thought that they were original.
>
> Allen
> 1970 2000 #13774
> getting closer to paint

=====