Re: OT-ebay ettiquet

To: solex67@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT-ebay ettiquet
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 04:55:17 +0000
Well...sometimes losing on ebay has its advantages. A couple of years back,
during the Solvang weekend, I lost on an auction for "19 Datsun book &
manuals". The auction didn't specify which books it included....and the
seller hadn't responded to my inquiries before I left for the weekend to
Solvang.

When I returned on Sunday evening after the show, I found out that I had
lost the auction by only pennies. Even worse...The seller finally responded
back saying the "books & manuals" included a bunch of Patrol and roadster
materials. I let the seller know that if the top bidder defaulted...I would
still be interested.

Two weeks later, I received an email from the winner of the auction. Turns
out the ebay seller sent him my info (email/Name) and told him I was
interested in the roadster materials. The Ebay winner explained that he was
only interested in the Patrol materials, not the roadster books!!! We split
the cost of the winning BID & I got the roadster stuff I wanted for half of
what I originally Bid (for all 19 books) on ebay......

Roadster Karma!

Dan Zubkoff
San MAteo, CA
1966 Silvia, SPL311