Re: OT-ebay ettiquet

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT-ebay ettiquet
From: Fairladyracing@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 01:01:11 EDT
Andrew:

Look at E-bay as a game, and the rules make more sense. We have snipped, and
been snipped. Not knowing the various E-bay names of all the list members, we
have surely snipped someone we know at least once (sorry Stan) without
knowing it at the time.
E-bay is just a running garage sale/swap meet. Bring whatever etiquette you
want, but realize that others may not. We try to have fun with it, while
accepting that others have deeper pockets (and more or less manners) than us.
Also, while this may not be true in your case, there are programs out there
that let you place your bid, set the time, and the program automatically
places your bid at the designated time, usually with 6-7 seconds left in the
auction. It can be called snipping, or just time management, as you may be
placing your max bid at the start of the auction, but the program does not
bid until the end. An efficient method, esp. if you are very busy, and do not
want to watch the auction.

However, this does raise the question: Why is there not a list For Sale/Trade
section somewhere/somehow. Having run a local club years ago, this was one of
the favorite sections for people to connect, and find the pieces they needed.
It should be cheaper than E-bay for the buyer, and easier for the seller.
While most ROC clubs have this section, we need a way to combine them all
into one list. Any volunteers that are computer literate enough to set this
up?

Good luck with future bidding.

Dan & Susan

PS: Another fun aspect of E-bay: Discovering that the winner of the auction
is a vendor, and now you will be paying more for the same item. Annoying, but
business as usual.

<< Subj:     OT-ebay ettiquet