RE: torque wrenches

To: "Marc Tyler" <marc@animalfirm.com>, "datsunmike"
Subject: RE: torque wrenches
From: "Tim Waltz" <printner@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:28:09 -0700
The snap-on website says that their torque wrenches are accurate +/- 4 % as
long as you're not reading in the 20% or less of the scale

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/29000/28910.PDF

I read that as if you have a wrench with a scale of 10-75 ft/lbs, it's not
accurate all the way up to 15 ft-lbs (or should I say 16% inacurrate to 15
lbs)

So, is there a cross-over of the inch-lb to the lower end of the ft-lb
scale??

Tim

PS--The most accurate craftsman torque wrench listed has an accuracy of 3%
for click-type and 4% for bar-type.