Re: torque wrenches

To: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: torque wrenches
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:10:54 -0600 (CST)
I made up a double ended female square drive adapter that allowed me to
couple tow torque wrenches together so I could verify my click wrench.
I borrowed a good dial type wrench and found the click to be pretty close.
I have a 300 ft/lb dial wrench that I used on VW rear axle and flywheel
bolts/nuts. The rest of the time it just sits there looking pretty! I
didn't have any way to calibrate it, but suspect that it could stand a
check.

peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA