Re: Regular gas...

To: oscilloscope500@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Regular gas...
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:26:18 EDT
With the stock compression ratio regular gas is alright. If your head has
been shaved a bit you might want the higher octane. Your car will tell you. As
to the lead, all the aluminum head cars came with bronze valve seats and might
 benefit from a lead substitute. However, I doubt that many of the original
ones  are left. Most have been replaced along the way with hard seats. IMHO,
forget  the additive, even with the bronze seats it will be many, many, miles
before you  have any problem caused by the lack of lead. If it has not been
done, next time  you have the head done have the hard seats put in and it will
no
longer be an  issue.

kw

In a message dated 7/11/2005 12:31:17 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,