Re: [Roadsters] Valve Cover discovery...

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, Eddie
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Valve Cover discovery...
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 06:03:55 -0700 (PDT)
I have the same valve cover on my early Iron Head 1600 (Engine # R 1291 I
think)  It is original.  The breather tube runs from a tower at my oil filler
cap, and serves the same purpose.  Someone told me that these valve covers
were on the 1500 engine, but obviously they had a bunch left and used them on
early 1600's also.  Mine is the only one I've ever seen, but I have not seen
many other Iron Head 1600's.  Mine is an early '66.

Mike Harper, CAI, AARE
Harper Auction & Realty
843-729-4996
"Experience Sells"