Re: [Roadsters] Valve Cover discovery...

To: Ruth Primmer <ruth@earlydatsun.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Valve Cover discovery...
From: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 09:36:37 -0700
So the next question is, do I need that thing?

When the motor is running, a little oil comes out of it.  Eventually,
that little tube that runs to the air cleaner will be full of oil and crap.

If the breather isn't critical, I'll use the other valve cover.  IF it
is, I could use a breather "cap" that allows the engine to breathe but
doesn't run the tube to the air filter.

Anyone know how critical it is that the air breather tube attach to the
air filter housing?  Thanks.

Eddie