[Roadsters] Valve Cover discovery...

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Valve Cover discovery...
From: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 20:51:18 -0700
Hi all,

I was going through my parts boxes and found a valve cover that is
identical to the one on my 1600 in every way except one. It does NOT
have a hole for the breather tube!  There is a round circle where it
normally goes, but no hole, and it looks original, not like it was
welded shut or anything.

Anyone ever seen that before?

Just curious.

Also, is the breather tube critical to have it hooked up to the air
cleaner?  Or could I simply put a breather cap type thing on it that
prevents oil from leaking out but allows air in and out?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Eddie