Re: [Roadsters] non roadster question

To: "Pat Mahoney" <dynaguy54@hotmail.com>, "datsun roadster"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] non roadster question
From: "Bubba" <bubwin@mts.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:07:30 -0600
If the battery is really accepting and holding a  charge, the truck should
run a lot longer than that on the battery without a charging system.  Start
the truck, and briefly disconnect the negative battery cable' just a few
seconds.  Truck dies instantly, charging system is not putting anything out.
Then disconnect the battery, and connect the cables to another car
(disconnect the negative on this car first) or known good battery using
booster cables.  Do not start the donor car.  Start the truck and see if it
runs.  If it runs and stays running, battery is toast, and must be replaced
before you can rule out having a charging system problem too.

Good luck

Bob Winslade
1966-1600 Missy (current project)
1967-1600 Bender (waiting her turn)
1972-510 Daisy (driver)
1972-510 Spare Change (rescued from crushing but no plans yet)
1993-240SX-Essex (current project)