fot

Re: trailer towing

To: Andrew Mace <amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV>
Subject: Re: trailer towing
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:30:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Andrew Mace wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Richard Taylor wrote:
>
> > ...realize why I elect to drive to the race.  I guess I've simply run
> > out of enough personal intellectual RAM to undertake yet another field of
> > available technology....
>
> Yeah, but there is something (much, actually) to be said for those such
> as you who hang onto the nearly lost tradition of driving to the track,
> racing that same vehicle, then driving home. Even a lot of showroom-stock
> racers probably don't do that much anymore!

Even though I do currently drive to/from events, I have to admit that it
gets a little harder every time. Plus I get tired of talking to the two
tires in the passenger seat. ;-) But there is some level of satisfaction
of driving to an event placing mid-pack or higher and then driving home -
all in the same car.

It is also a kick when I add the camping gear to the tires/spares etc. I
usually draw somewhat of a crowd as I re-load everything in the car. When
I put the last piece on/in the car - I stand back and say "It fits!"
which is accompanied by many comments from the "peanut gallery"
indicating surprise that the stuff really does fit. Hell, I'm surprised too!

Oh well. But reality is rearing it's head, and car too will very likely
be trailered to/from events. As long as it's fast - that's all that I
care about. Besides - when car too is ready to go, I'll probably keep
CF14111 as a DSP car for that occasional SCCA or VTR AutoX - just for yucks.

Actually, I am considering building car too as a DSP car - even though it
will cost more to build ('cuase I have to put an interior in and all
that). The DSP guys in my region are very competitive and they are also
very friendly - this is one of my few experiences with
friendly-competitive folks, as opposed to cutthroat-competitive. We even
give each other advice on how to drive sections of the course. Kool.

> --Andy

regards,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |