fot

Re: Air Filter choice?

To: kaskas@earthlink.net, GuyotLeonF@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Filter choice?
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 10:03:22 EST
In a message dated 01/28/2000 9:44:15 PM Central Standard Time,
kaskas@earthlink.net writes:

<< Very interesting all the opinions on air filters etc.  In ALL of my Triumph
 cars including the enduro cars we NEVER had an air filter of any kind. I
 know, we did do a lot more rebuilds a we were a factory enterprise but I
 never found that the rings or pistons were damaged from injesting junk from
 the outside.   >>

Kas/Amici:

So too Ole Blue.  Since 1979 I have been running filter free Velocity Stacks
on my SUs.  Eight to ten events per year, and I have never had a problem.  My
conservative nature tells me that should not be, but that has been my
experience.

Wismer and I run sans air filters on the T-Bolt as well.  It has a custom
made air box on it, that looks cool as all get out, not to mention very
British, but truth be told, the car runs better when you take the air box
off.  I suspect the air box creates 'dirty air or turbulence'

No matter.  Wismer and I have reached an age where 'lookin good' is more
important than 'performance'.  Unfortunately 'lookin good' at our age is very
difficult.  Bob just got back from his annual physical at Mayo Clinic.  There
he was told, "Boy you're not in too bad shape for a guy your age."  I wonder
what the hell that means?  Is it good?

Bill Dentinger

Bill Dentinger