fot

Re: Air Filter choice?

To: twakeman@cruzers.com
Subject: Re: Air Filter choice?
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:30:34 EST
In a message dated 29/01/00 15:07:07 GMT Standard Time, twakeman@cruzers.com
writes:

<< Someone mentioned that they were getting dirt behind an itg filter and
 thought it was coming from the filter to back plate connection.  I have
 noticed that my itg filter to back plate connection is very tight and
 that there is a seal on the bottom of the filter where it fits to the
 back plate.  I would imagine if the were any kind of back plate warping
 or damage to the seal dirt could get through.  The inside of mine has
 remained clean so far. But then again my engine is still VERY low mileage
 since the rebuild and new itg filter.

 Take care

Interestingly, I note that ITG sell backplates in either their normal red
fibre-glass, or alloy...I think I will go for alloy, then no chance of
warping, and they look better too.
Léon

Triumph Sports Six Club
International Liaison Secretary
1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible
Wimbledon, London, England.