fot

Re: Air Filter choice?

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air Filter choice?
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:42:10 -0800
The air box thing is an item I was interested in back in the early '50's on
another make of sports car. I finally found that indeed there was a lot of
turbulance inside the box which could be traced by layering a fine trace of
oil on the surface and making a single run. But I found two things that were
a lot of help and indeed made the part worth keeping.  First make a hole at
the rear of the box the size of both carb inlets, then be sure to pipe the
vent of the float bowls to the air box so that they rec the same amount of
pressure increase ( if any) as the carburetors.  Added two or three MPH in
top gear. Big deal when you are racing in a one design class.