fot

Re: Air Filter choice?

To: "fot mail list" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air Filter choice?
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 00 05:09:16 -0800
Wow, so the Triumph competition dept was nothing like the Ford
competition dept in the mid-late sixties when they decided to go racing
8*)

 Sounds like you did it in spite of the Triumph management.  I thought
they would at least allow you to raid the parts isles and give you at
least one mechanic. zowie

>When I was racing my TR-2 and my TR-3 there were NO FREE PARTS.  There were
>also no free mechanics working for me and even after a couple of years of
>the Competition Department I finally was allowed to hire ONE guy. The one
>thing I did have FREE was an 18 hour day and there were 7 of them in every
>week. The most the department EVER had was three and we ran fifteen races
>with three different models of cars and then an occasional 12 hour event in
>Florida with still just the same amount.  I don't think scavaging through
>the return warranty parts is a defination of FREE PARTS. But in those days
>you were not allowed to run anything but the stock item (air filter) so
>messing around with countless materials was never an option  The last couple
>years of the departments existance were good I'll admit, a real budget and
>access to some inventory at the factory,  BUT then there were eight years of
>"tough sleding with no snow".

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.