fot

Re: Mid-Ohio-Race length for MG/TR Challenge in '99

To: greenman62@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mid-Ohio-Race length for MG/TR Challenge in '99
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:20:09 EST
In a message dated 12/20/00 7:09:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
greenman62@hotmail.com writes:

<< The middle of the country may be great for those of us who travel to get
there but, if the facility that is decided on is stuck in the middle of
nowhere and a relatively long drive for the organizers to get to, wouldn't
that put a crimp in planning? >>

<<Mid-Ohio-Race length for MG/TR Challenge >>

I will vote for this track.  It is close enough to me that I even race there
occasionally.  I am not sure that my car would be acceptable.  Maybe it would
be if I replaced the slick tires.  Also, if it has to look too pretty, that
is another problem.  I am sure that most of the well-prepared FOTer cars will
go faster than my car.  I am still from the old school, being able to
participate has always been more important to me than winning.  Attendance
and participation in my opinion are more important than evenly matched cars.

Seriously, distance is a problem, which severely limits the number of tracks
where I participate; but there is one other point to consider: picking a
location where the migration instinct of the car birds has already been
established.  Racers flock to Mid-Ohio every year to the SCCA Valvolene
Runoffs from all over the US.

Another two peso thought.