fot

Re: Mid-Ohio-Race length for MG/TR Challenge in '99

To: greenman62@hotmail.com, elkhorn@megsinet.net, emanteno@attglobal.net
Subject: Re: Mid-Ohio-Race length for MG/TR Challenge in '99
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:44:47 EST
In a message dated 12/21/2000 8:00:10 AM Central Standard Time,
greenman62@hotmail.com writes:

> since we're talking about Michigan... What about Grattan? I like the
> altitude changes and from what the drivers tell me it is a challenging
> course. For the families there's the swimming pool and Grand Rapids isn't
> too far away... convienient to shopping

GRATTAN is my favorite track.  VSCDA runs its 'Summer Party' there (usually
the third week end in August).  The event Chairman is Phil Cull.  I am sure
he would be open to discussions.  And tying into an established event like
VSCDA's Vintage Grand Prix au GRATTAN would solve most, if not all of the
problems Mordy described (which were right on, by the way).

Know to run a VSCDA event you must be a member ($60), but the cost of the
entry fee is well below most three day events, so you that is more or less a
wash.  GRATTAN could handle the road racing aspects, and the local
countryside lends itself to rallys, but we would have to search for a
suitable autocross location.

Bill Dentinger