fot

Re: Open diff

To: Tony Drews <drewst03@home.com>
Subject: Re: Open diff
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 09:14:06 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Tony Drews wrote:

> Ok, Ok  :)  (I think my previous owner tried that judging by the lack of
> lubricant in the diff)
> Let me rephrase the question.  Anyone running stock spider gears, no limited
> slip, and not locked / welded?

If you are super smooth - you might get away with the open diff.

I am not super smooth, and I can easily spin the inside wheel on my open
diff autocrosser. That's a TR6 with a stiff bar in the back.

I have a quaiffe in the TR6 race car, and I get wheel lift with that car
too, but only in extreme corner loading. In fact I have some video where
you can hear the wheel "unload" - even with the quaife.

If you have some budget - you should look for a posi of some type.

> - Tony

regards,
rml
TR6's one open one quaiffed and a Detroit Locker _somewhere_!
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |