fot

Re: Aluminum TR3 fenders, etc

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: Aluminum TR3 fenders, etc
From: "Ronald R Gates" <Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:18:40 -0400
Jack , maybe your on to something here ! Do you think Southwick has any
titanium laying around. Back in 87' i put some titanium rubbing blocks on
my pro atlantic RALT rt-4 and went out for our qualifier with the car a bit
lower in ride height . As i was entering the downhill the car went down on
the rub blocks and sparks flew  everwhere. Everbody thought it was great ,
just like the F-1 guys at the time . The only person that did not care for
it was this guy , forget the guys name , a frenchman brought over for the
race , anyhow he was following me through the down hill and saw the sparks
and thought my suspension had broken and decided to run off the course !

Pete