fot

re: rear seal survey

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: re: rear seal survey
From: BRITPAC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:28:45 EDT
Scrappy is virtually dry at both ends (amazing), but it wasn't always so. A
TR4 block still had the core plug where the block road draft tube goes.
Unless the crankcase is properly vented even the best seals will leak,
especially at high rpm. We see a lot of Land Rover people who don't have the
blocks properly vented.

And, as BFE uses our Land Rover seals, they had better work!

I assume everyone already knows the really early Vanguard engines ('49-'51
Triumph Renown, Roadster) came with PCV systems from new?

Steve Hedke
British Pacific Ltd.
Land Rover Parts & Accessories since 1974
26007 Huntington Lane, unit 2
Valencia, CA. 91355 USA
fax: 661 257-9765
orders: 800 554-4133